We have less than a week until we depart on our 2nd annual Salsa Fargo Sub-48 riding adventure!! We hope you're as excited as we are as we pull together the final details and dial in our bikes. Following are a few important details for the weekend:
- Friday: rider check-in 6 pm - 9 pm at Mackenzie Trailhead 7585 West 38, Cadillac, MI 49601 camping, bonfire social with snacks & Founders All Day keg on tap. Raffle off some cool Swag. Camping is very rustic, no running water.
- Saturday: Any remining riders check-in. 8-9:30 ish Breakfast oatmeal and toppings, hardboiled eggs, juice, coffee. **We will also have water for filling ride camelbacks and bottles**
9:45 rider meeting & 10 Am ride departure
Support station 1/2 way through the ride. Water, banannas, Clif bars.
Once you arrive at the campground we will have a rider self check-in sheet. Find and highlight your name so everyone's accounted for.
Saturday kegs tapped & dinner around 5:30. Choice of pulled pork sandwiches, carne asada tacos or veggie tacos, chips, bean + mac and cheese sides. Sara Lee pie slices
Saturday camping is in a campground with mix use of trailers and tents. They have restrooms, showers general store, etc.
Sunday: 8 AM breakfast is breakfast burritos (meat or veggie) juice and coffee.
Ride departure around 9:30 or feel free to leave when you want.
- Additional things to bring and misc details:
- Rider check-in bags include: Printed maps of day 1 & 2 routes, T-shirt, Salsa patch, event wrist band, Clif Products
- Link to GPS route maps
- Bring layered clothing, sandals, tent or hammock, sleeping pad, pillow, head lap or flash light, water bottles or camelback, Bike tail light, tools for repairs, spare tube, chain length, bath supplies, bug spray, sun screen, snacks......
- Bring a chair for Friday night campfire
- Bring a cup and utensils to save the planet
- Pack your own lunch for Saturday on the ride if you want more than Clif bars or bananas.
- We'll have one support stop with water and bananas, Clif Bars and Infinite Nutrition
- Bring additional food or snacks
The ride takes place on mainly dirt and gravel roads with some two track mixed in. Nothing too technical. Fargo, Fat, Cross bikes & Mountain are suitable for the roads.
We'll pass on a weather update later in the week so you know what to plan for.
Thanks again for joining us for the adventure. If you have any questions let us know. We'll see you all next weekend.